It is with this one caveat that we should keep in mind that the name can be an important tool in building your business. Here are six steps to follow on your quest to create the best brand name.
If you are a business owner and unsure of how to start, here are some good ideas for naming your company, product or just one part of it.
1. Determine what is your business’s mission, vision and values.
2. Consider the potential name choices that align with your company’s mission, vision and values.
3. Conduct a name search on the Internet to see if there are any other companies using the same or similar name(s) as you do.
4. Analyze the potential names for their brand strength, popularity and uniqueness in comparison to your business’s mission, vision and values.
5. Create a list of possible names that are not already taken by other companies in order to avoid confusion with other companies using similar names or words in their brand/name/logo/tagline/etc..
6. Select one of the most promising name choices from your list of possible names for further development into a final name choice for your company’s brand identity (this should be done in collaboration with your team).